Training and Services
Our instructors have experience instructing the following classes: Crash Investigation and Reconstruction, Driving While Intoxicated Standardized Field Sobriety Test, RADAR and LIDAR, Emergency Vehicle Operator’s Course, Drug Impaired Training for the Educational Professional, and D.O.T. Approved Reasonable Suspicion Training for Supervisors.
Our instructors have provided crash investigation training to more than 500 police officers as well as providing DWI/Drug Impaired Driver Recognition training to more than 1,500 police officers. Our instructors have taught numerous classes throughout the United States. They have conducted over 550 presentations to more than 11,000 people including police officers, border patrol agents, lawyers, school and business administrators, and professional drivers. Training sessions have included, but are not limited to the following:
- Developed a D.O.T. approved Reasonable Suspicion Training for Supervisors Course and presented at the New York State Department of Transportation Statewide Conference in Syracuse, NY and at the New York Public Transportation Association Statewide Conference in Albany, NY.
- School Bus Crash Scene Management & Investigation Course presented to the City of Syracuse School District Transportation Supervisors and private sector businesses.
- At- Scene Crash Investigation, Advanced Crash Investigation, and Crash Reconstruction Course presented throughout the United States.
- Drug Impaired Training for the Educational Professional (DITEP) presented at several locations across New York State including more than 45 courses regarding Over-The-Counter and Prescription Drug Program Compliance presented to transit authorities and businesses.
- Drug Recognition Expert Course presented to several statewide police agencies on behalf of International Association of Chiefs of Police.
Our team of experts has attended over 1,500 hours of training related to crash investigation and in excess of 550 hours of training related to drug use and impairment.
Recognizing Impaired Persons Training
The Recognizing Impaired Persons course teaches attendees the signs and symptoms of probable alcohol misuse, and the signs and symptoms of probable drug use.
This four hour course provides attendees with the basic knowledge and skills needed to identify, document, and communicate their observations of persons who appear to be impaired.
This course will cover the physical, behavioral, speech, and performance indicators associated with probable alcohol misuse and/or drug use. In addition, attendees will learn the most commonly abused drug categories, current trends, and common methods of use.
Reasonable Suspicion Training for Supervisors
This 2.5-hour course provides attendees with the basic knowledge and skills needed to determine whether reasonable suspicion exists to require an employee to undergo drug testing. The training meets the requirements of 49 CFR Part 40.
The training will cover the physical, behavioral, speech, and performance indicators associated with probable alcohol misuse and use of controlled substances.
The course is instructed by a nationally certified drug recognition expert who has instructed over 400 classes to more than 8000 people.
NYS Liquor Authority Approved ATAP Course
This three hour course provides the necessary information to help prevent attendees from making an illegal sale of alcoholic beverages to minors, visibly intoxicated persons, and habitual drunkards. The course discusses the best practices and policies to avoid making costly mistakes, and teaches attendees how to identify fake or altered identifications. The course will provide attendees with any legal updates that can effect the way business is conducted.